Zeppole is a fried fluffy Italian desert, an easy to make crowd-pleasing appetizer!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
2 quarts of vegetable oil (for frying)
1 cup of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar (for dusting)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium-sized sauce pan.
- Stir in the eggs, ricotta cheese and vanilla. Mix gently over low heat until combined. Batter will be sticky.
- Drop by tablespoons into the hot oil a few at a time. Zeppole will turn over by themselves. Fry until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain in a paper sack and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve warm. Looking for the right plate to serve your extraordinary appetizers on? Click here