Cheers to spring! The sun is out, the birds are chirping, and you may even catch a butterfly or two if you take a walk outside. Amedeo, a long time artisan with Uno Alla Volta, brings his appreciation for spring to life with his hand-gilded butterfly wine glasses.
Amedeo is the master artisan behind many of our most beloved hand-gilded glass treasures. After graduating from art school, Amedeo founded his glass workshop in Verona, Italy. From the time his sons Valentino and Roberto were old enough to hold a paint brush, they have worked alongside their father, becoming expert craftsmen and artisans in their own right.
Together, he and his two sons transform an ordinary wine glass into this shimmering work of art by adding a beautiful butterfly design, available in both aqua and pink. After applying a stucco design to each glass, a layer of color and silver leaf is added by hand. Once completely dry, each glass is hand-polished to a gleaming luster.
Hand-Gilded Aqua Butterfly Wine Glass
Hand-Gilded Pink Butterfly Wine Glass
To celebrate spring, fill these beautiful butterfly glasses with this Spring Sangria recipe courtesy of Eat-Drink-Love.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of fruity white wine
- 3 cups Sprite (you can also use lemon lime sparkling water)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Sliced lemons, lime, and oranges (and pineapple if you want!)
- In a large pitcher, stir together the wine, Sprite, pineapple juice, and the orange juice. Then gently stir in the slices of fruit.
- Refrigerate the sangria for about 2 hours and serve.
To share with the whole family, you can substitute the white wine with sparkling cider.